Journey through the famous text Riyad al-Salihin with a detailed study of the book’s muqaddimah (introduction) and the final hadith.
A unique and inspiring course covering select chapters of the famous Hadith text, Riyad al-Salihin. Compiled by the great scholar of Islam, the text has received widespread acclaim throughout the ages and serves as a basis for many courses and lectures up until today.
In this course, the instructor will begin by covering the muqaddimah (introduction) of the book to familiarize students with the objectives of the book as intended by the author, Imam al-Nawawi. Students will also learn about the author himself before moving on to the chapters. The chapters we will cover contain verses of the Qur’an and Hadiths that touch upon topics relating to worship, transactions, spirituality, creed and beyond.
A uniquely structured course which although — due to the limitations of time — does not cover the entire text but certainly intends to convey the special features of Riyad al-Salihin while providing ample, academic commentary of Hadiths that were specially selected to form a range of interesting and relevant topics.
5 THINGS YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS COURSE
- Understanding of the objectives of the book, Riyad al-Salihin
- Awareness of the methods employed by Imam al-Nawawi in presenting Hadiths
- Exposure to Hadiths of the Prophet (saw) in a unique and inspirational manner
- Inspiration for becoming a better individual especially in relation to one’s social interactions
- Encouragement for spiritual reform through the Qur’an an Sunnah